The Wairarapa Community Centre is a community owned and operated not-for-profit organisation, which has supported our community since June 2002.
- Our Vision: Enriching our Community
- Mission Statement: Bringing together people and services by supporting organisations based at the Wairarapa Community Centre
The Wairarapa Community Centre is governed by a voluntary team of 8 trustees who are members of the local community, centre participants and interested persons. Trustees are:
- Pip Hannon – Chairperson
- David McHattie – Vice Chairperson
- Jennie Mitchell- Treasurer
- Debbie Malneek – Tenant Representative Trustee
- Helen Mathewson – Trustee
- Keith Sawyer – Trustee
Centre Manager: Beverley Jack
The Wairarapa Community Centre provides a dynamic hub to 14 community groups who share resources, ideas, problems and solutions to ensure customers receive the best collective support within the resources of the centre. We also have rooms available to hire. These are:
- A conference room which seats up to 50 people for workshops, training, meetings and classes.
- A commercial kitchen for demonstrations and bottling produce or to hold a lunch/dinner function.
Offices for rental on a long term contract as vacancies occur. All at competitive rates. Come on down and have a look around, you’ll find a great range of classes, events, activities, groups and services for Masterton and our wider community.
A mobility car park is available at the rear of the building. Parking is available at thefront of building on Perry St and 50metres down the road at the “town square” .